Instead of just throwing out your old bed sheets, there are a plethora of fun and creative ways to reuse them around the house. Here are just a few clever ideas of how you can reuse your old sheets.
- Donate them- Donate your old sheets to a thrift store or homeless shelter, where they can be reused by other people. Animal shelters will also take old sheets to use as bedding for dogs and cats.
- Make rags- Cut the sheets up into smaller parts and use them as rags for cleaning projects around the house.
- Make stuffing- Cut the sheets into small chunks and use them to stuff pillows, comforters, and stuffed animals.
- Protect packages- You can cut the sheets into strips and use them in place of packing materials to protect fragile items.
- Pet toys- Cut the old sheets into strips. Tie the strips together to make dangling cat toys. You can tie them into a star shape, and tie the star to the end of a stick as a dangling toy your cat will love. You can also use the sheets to make rope bones or stuffed animals for dogs.
- Reusable wrapping paper- It seems wasteful to wrap gifts in paper, that will later be thrown away. Instead, use old sheets to wrap presents. The wrapping material can be reused time and time again.
- Protect plants- Lay sheets over outdoor plants to protect them from overnight frosts.
- Make curtains- Decorate the sheets with dyes and beads. Then use them as curtains in your home.
- Reusable shopping bag- Sew a bag out of the sheets that can be used as a shopping bag. You will be recycling the sheets as well as saving plastic shopping bags.
- Make a hammock- Construct a hammock out of the bed sheets. You can hang it from trees in your yard, to have a place to relax on sunny days. Or bring it camping in place of a sleeping bag. Just be sure to hang a tarp over you in case it rains, more helpful hints.
- Make a bath rug- Cut the sheet into thick strips and use the strips in place of yarn to weave a rug.
- Bed sheet yarn- The sheets can be cut into thin strips, to use as yarn in a variety of crafts and knitting projects. You can make purses, belts, jackets, etc.
Halloween costumes- Use the sheets for constructing Halloween costumes. The sheets can make a great cape or ghost costume.